These terms and conditions (“Terms”) cover the use of the Unemployed Men Experiencing Negativity (“UMen”) website), and any other services offered by UMen (the “Services”). You accept these Terms by checking the “I agree to the terms and conditions” box.
1. Your Privacy. Your privacy is important to us. UMen will retain no personal information apart from the email address you provide.
2. Code of Conduct.
By agreeing to these Terms, you’re agreeing that, when using the Services, you will follow these rules:
3. Enforcement. If you violate these Terms, we may stop providing Services to you or we may close your UMen account. We may also block delivery of a communication to or from the Services in an effort to enforce these. However, we cannot monitor the entire Services and make no attempt to do so.
4. Using the Services
UMen account. You’ll need a UMent account to access the Talk Line Service. Your UMen account lets you sign in to the Talk Line at any time. All other Services are available without your needing to create a UMen account
5. Creating an Account. You can create a UMen account by signing up online. You agree not to use any false, inaccurate or misleading information when signing up for your UMen account. To protect your account, keep your account details and password confidential. You are responsible for all activity that occurs under your UMen account.
6. Ending your Services. If your access to UMen Services are canceled (whether by you or us),. First your right to access the Services stops immediately. As a result you may no longer be able to access any of the Services
7. Service Availability.
The Services and the Website may be unavailable from time to time, and may vary depending on your region or device.
We strive to keep the Services up and running; however, all online services suffer occasional disruptions and outages, and UMen is not liable for any disruption or loss you may suffer as a result.
8. Updates to the Services and Changes to These Terms.
We may change these Terms at any time, and using the Services after the changes become effective means you agree to the new terms. If you don’t agree to the new terms, you must stop using the Services.
Additionally, there may be times when we need to remove or change features or functionality of the Service or stop providing a Service or access to Third-Party Apps and Services altogether. Except to the extent required by applicable law, we have no legal obligations or liability.
9. Payment Terms. All UMen Services are provided free of charge.
10. Canceling the Services. You may cease to use a Service at any time, with or without cause.
11. Choice of Law and Place to Resolve Disputes. If you live in Australia, the laws of the state where you live govern all claims, regardless of conflict of laws principles, except to the extent that Australian Commonwealth laws apply.
UMen MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, GUARANTEES OR CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THAT WE PROVIDE THE SERVICES ON AN "AS IS" BASIS "WITH ALL FAULTS" AND "AS AVAILABLE." YOU BEAR THE ENTIRE RISK OF USING THE SERVICES.
WE EXCLUDE ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIABILITIES.
YOU MAY HAVE CERTAIN RIGHTS UNDER YOUR LOCAL LAW. NOTHING IN THESE TERMS IS INTENDED TO AFFECT THOSE RIGHTS, IF THEY ARE APPLICABLE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT COMPUTER, MOBILE PHONES AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS ARE NOT FAULT-FREE AND OCCASIONAL PERIODS OF DOWNTIME OCCUR. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE
12. Limitation of Liability. If you have any basis for claiming damages (including breach of these Terms), you agree that you can't recover any damages or losses, including direct, consequential, lost profits, special, indirect, incidental, or punitive. To the maximum extent permitted by law, these limitations and exclusions apply to anything or any claims related to these Terms and the Services
LIMITATION ON AND EXCLUSION OF REMEDIES AND DAMAGES.
To the extent not prohibited by law, if you have any basis for recovering damages, you can recover from UMen only direct damages up to the amount you of AUD$1.00.
This limitation applies to anything related to the services made available through the Website; and
13. Service-Specific Terms. The terms apply generally to all Services.
14 Using the UMen Services.
Minimum Age. By using the UMen Services, you represent that you are at least 18 years.
Anonymous Use. Your use of the Services is done anonymously
15. Umen Talk Line.
There are important differences between traditional telephone services and the UMen Talk Line. UMen is not required to offer access to Emergency Services under any applicable local or national rules, regulations, or law. Remember that while it is a Talk Line it is important that you listen to the other person as well as talk.
You acknowledge that the other person you speak to on the Talk Line is not employed by or contracted to UMen, nor is the other person a trained counselor or medical professional.
16. Fair Use Policies. Fair usage policies may apply to your use of UMen Services.
17. Personal/Noncommercial Use. The use of the UMen Talk Line is for your personal and noncommercial use. You are not permitted to use the Talk Line at work for your own business communications.
18. Mobile Phone Carrier as Third-Party Beneficiary. If you use UMen Services by Mobile, your mobile phone carrier is a third-party beneficiary of your agreement with UMen to the extent of your contract with them..
We may assign these Terms, in whole or in part, at any time without notice to you. You may not assign your rights or obligations under these Terms or transfer any rights to use the Services. This is the entire agreement between you and UMen for your use of the Services.
All parts of these Terms apply to the maximum extent permitted by relevant law. If a court or arbitrator holds that we can't enforce a part of these Terms as written, we may replace those terms with similar terms to the extent enforceable under the relevant law, but the rest of these Terms won't change.
20. Medical notice. UMen does not provide medical or any other health care advice, diagnosis, or treatment, especially counselling. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition, diet, fitness, or wellness program. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of information you accessed on or through the Services.
a. Australia. If you accessed the Services in the Australia, the laws of the state or territory where you live govern the interpretation of these terms, claims for breach of them, and all other claims regardless of conflict of law principles.
b. Outside Australia. If you accessed the Services from any other country, the laws of that country apply.
LEGAL EFFECT. This agreement describes certain legal rights. You may have other rights under the laws of your state or country. This agreement doesn’t change your rights under the laws of your state or country if the laws of your state or country don’t permit it to do so.